John Patrick Petrullo’s depth and breadth of litigation and national trial experience distinguish his practice. John’s passion, hard work ethic, commitment to success and no nonsense result-oriented philosophy define his approach to the practice of law and to his representation of clients.
In addition to successfully resolving hundreds of cases in arbitrations, at the negotiating table and before trial, John has tried more than 82 jury trials to verdict and successfully defended manufacturers, distributors, corporate officers & directors, stockbrokers, investment groups, financial institutions, inventors, skilled and long term care facilities, managed care companies, health care executives and other clients in federal court and throughout the state of California as well as in other jurisdictions including Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Madison, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Seattle and Tacoma.
After 8 years as a partner and corporate trial lawyer with Preston Gates & Ellis, in Seattle and Los Angeles, where he successfully tried 46 jury trials to verdict, and 7 years as a shareholder and trial lawyer with Buchalter Nemer, in Los Angeles, where he successfully tried 11 jury trials to verdict while bringing to terms more than 50 corporate, commercial, employment, FICRA and healthcare cases, John Petrullo set out on a new course to create a law firm defined by the new realities of today’s business, an approach that blends business discipline with practical solutions and the commitment to see around corners, think out of the box … and win.
In its 6th year, Petrullo LLP has successfully tried 12 jury trials to verdict and brought to terms 39 lawsuits and threatened suits including claims of corporate and commercial liability, fraud and abuse, elder abuse and neglect, product liability, professional liability, vicarious responsibility and wrongful termination—including dismissals of 2 consumer class actions.
In recognition of his commitment to excellence in the practice of law, John has held an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1999. He is a longstanding member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, the Defense Research Institute (Trial Lawyers Division), American Bar Association (Trial Section), American Health Lawyers’ Association and the Practicing Law Institute. John also serves as pro bono counsel through Bet Tzedek Legal Services and Catholic Charities.
- J.D., Whittier College School of Law Los Angeles, CA
- M.A., New York University, New York, NY
- M.A., SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- B.A., SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for:
- The Southern District of New York
- The Eastern District of Wisconsin
- The Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- Defense Research Institute, Trial Lawyers’ Division
- American Bar Association, Trial Section
- American Health Lawyers’ Association
- Practicing Law Institute
- Catholic Charities of LA
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services for the Poor